Greet and escort customers to their tables
Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
Inform customers about the day’s specials
Offer menu recommendations upon request
Up-sell additional products when appropriate
Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software,order slips or by memorization
Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
Serve food and drink orders
Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
Deliver checks and collect bill payments
Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
Follow all relevant health department regulations
Provide excellent customer service to guests
European Work Experience Programme (EWEP) has been working for almost 25 years and has already hosted thousands of students. We offer accommodation in London, as well as jobs in the field of hotels or restaurants with a guarantee of a permanent contract within 2 weeks.
• Minimum wage remuneration = £ 6.15 for under 21s / £ 7.70 for 21-25 / £ 8.21 for over 25s,
• Shared accommodation with European students or in an English family £ 90 / week,
• Administrative assistance,
• Guaranteed job for any selected candidate,
• Quick departure all year,
• Expect £ 272 agency fees,
• Be assured that Brexit has no impact on the opportunities available to you!
• Start as soon as possible,
• For 2 months minimum - Stays and arrival dates are flexible,
• Full time, about 40h per week,
• Permanent recruitment throughout the year.
• Be at least 18 years old,
• Being a member of the European Union,
• Be able to understand English,
• Be available for a minimum of 2 months,
• Beginners are accepted, the experience is appreciated but not required.
TO APPLY, please visit our website (EWEP) and complete the registration form in the "Apply" section.